IMMEDIATE AUTO ACCIDENT INJURY HELP
24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK
1-800-ASK-GARY is an auto accident and injury helpline. If you need assistance after an auto accident, after emergency services has arrived, call the helpline you trust, CALL 1-800-ASK-GARY NOW!
1-800-ASK-GARY is a auto accident lawyer and doctor referral service. If you need an auto accident lawyer, law firm, or medical doctor. Call the one you trust - CALL 1-800-ASK-GARY NOW!
Slip and Fall Accidents: The Basics
Whether it happens inside the grocery store or out in the mall parking lot, slips and falls occur with alarming regularity. These accidents may seem trivial initially but can result in serious injury. No matter how insignificant the incident appears, it's important for accident victims to seek medical treatment for their injuries and legal advice as soon as possible.
In many cases, slip and fall accidents can be prevented if venue owners take the actions necessary to ensure the safety of visitors. 1-800-ASK-GARY is here to refer you to experienced legal professionals who can help ensure the responsible party is held accountable. We work with lawyers who have helped thousands of people recover financial benefits for the injuries they sustained in an accident.
How a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Can Help
Slip and fall accidents are sudden and come with no warnings, making the victim susceptible to great bodily harm. It is not uncommon for victims to be stuck with ongoing medical expenses and intolerable physical pain. Due to the complexity of personal injury laws, success is next to impossible when tackling this matter without adequate representation.
A reliable attorney will work closely with you to determine if you have grounds for a slip and fall claim. Depending on the specifics of your case, a legal professional may take the following actions:
- Collect evidence: To prove negligence on the part of the owner or occupant of a property responsible for your injuries, a slip and fall lawyer may gather evidence from a variety of sources. For example, they might take pictures of the accident scene or review video surveillance to assess the degree of danger in the area. An attorney may also interview witnesses and obtain documentation regarding the venue's operational procedures.
- Collaborate with medical specialists: When injuries are involved, a lawyer will evaluate your medical records to understand the extent of the injuries you sustained in the accident. They may also communicate with medical specialists who can explain your health situation and the necessary treatments to a judge and jury.
- Take a stand in court: Equipped with all the relevant evidence and expert insights, a competent legal professional is ready to present your case in court. From addressing medical expenses to emotional stress, their objective is ensuring the responsible party is legally held accountable and compensates you for their actions – or lack thereof. Whether it's pursuing major retail chains or government entities, qualified slip and fall lawyers work diligently to deliver the best possible outcome.
Slip and Fall Accidents on Commercial Property
To prove negligence, a slip and fall victim must show that the property owner or attendant is responsible for the following:
• Causing the slip or hazardous surface that led to the accident
• Knowing of the condition, yet neglecting to address to it
• Lacking the competence to identify the hazardous condition despite having ample time and resources to address it
There may be several parties found liable for slip and fall accidents that occur in commercial environments. Interestingly, common sense is the element that determines liability in such cases. The law pertaining to these matters consider whether the property owner or occupant took reasonable steps to keep the property and its visitors protected.
Slip and Fall Accidents on Residential Property
Property owners may be held liable for slip and fall accidents that occur on residential property. In this environment, the victim must show that the property owner or landlord is responsible for the following:
- Having the means to repair the hazardous condition, financial or physically
- Knowing injury was a likely result of not fixing the issue
- Failing to take logical steps to prevent the slip and fall accident caused the victim's injury
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
The liability of a property owner is ultimately determined by existing laws and how they factor into the situation. It is the duty of a store owner or homeowner to notify guests about any established hazardous conditions they may encounter. Construction crews are legally required to notify the public of potential hazards located on construction sites. However, these parties may still be held liable for accidents that occur on their respective properties depending on the circumstance – even if a warning of hazardous conditions was provided.
Slip and fall accidents have a number of known causes. Common examples include:
- Poorly maintained floors, sidewalks, and roads
- Lack of warning signs
- Unlabeled wet surfaces
- Poorly lit walkways
- Loose handrails along the stairs
- Impeding of hazard materials
- Contacting a Slip and Fall Attorney
1-800-ASK-GARY provides a free referral service designed to help you find a slip and fall lawyer who is qualified to assist with your legal matter. Give us a call at 1-800-275-4279, tell us about your situation, and we'll connect you with an attorney that will help you plan the best course of action.